Saturday, September 02, 2006

 

WTF?!

Howard Meek is Nashville's most prolific writer of letters to the editor. I've butted heads with Mr. Meek dozens of times over the years, each time taking him to task for his overly enthusiastic parroting of Democratic Party talking points ... and his misguided allegiance to statist economic theories.

Meek ain't as prolific as he once was; and his recent scribblings have been quite disjointed, to say the least. I tried to pen a response to his latest missive, but I couldn't help but feel that I was pettily picking on someone who - to be blunt - didn't know what in the fudge he was talkin' about.

With all that said, I'm going to give Mr. Meek a pass this time. I do, however, want to ask him a simple question (the same question the City Paper's editors perched atop his latest letter):

How in the **** did we get so mixed up?!


To the editor:

Whether we’re talking about immigration, terrorism or the Iraq war, it seems to me we’re a little mixed up. Why aren’t we focused on those who are really responsible for these problems? Like Mexico, Muslims and the Iraqi people! Isn’t that where all these problems started and must be addressed?

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=38&screen=news&news_id=51886





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?