Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

The Ford Family would be proud ...

After winning re-election as county executive in Maryland's Prince George's County last month, Jack Johnson responded to critics who asked why taxpayers should be expected to purchase first-class airline tickets for their well traveled chief exec. (Honestly, I didn't realize a county executive in a state as small as Maryland had to embark on so many in-the-line-of-duty.) According to blogger Howard Mortman, Johnson defended his upscale travel habits by uncorking this gem:

"I don't think [Prince George's County's taxpayers] expect me to be riding in a seat with four across and I'm in the middle."

Mr. Mortman has added Johnson's quip to his list of funniest political quotes of 2006, and rightfully so. I was prepared to get all mad about Johnson's out-of-touchness, if you will, when I discovered that he's a Democrat. That explains a lot, n'est-ce pas?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?