Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

Not so fast, Jimbo

"NHL sources say the possibility is growing that [Jim] Balsillie's bid to buy the Nashville Predators, said to be between $220-million and $238-million (U.S.), will be rejected by the league's board of governors," the Globe and Mail (Toronto) reports.

"Opposition is said to run from the league's New York headquarters to a number of governors who are not happy that Balsillie and his representatives are saying publicly they do not want to move the Predators, but at the same time are cutting deals with Hamilton."

After hearing Jim Basillie's jackass lawyer on 104.5's "Sports Night" program last week, I'm determined to do everything I can to make sure that the Predators do not wind up in America Jr., i.e., Canada. I encourage others to join the Save the Preds effort by clicking here and here.

When it comes to supporting the Predators, I'm one fan who puts his money where his mouth is. I certainly hope that I don't have to put my right foot somewhere as well ...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?