Saturday, June 16, 2007

 

Rep. Mike Turner don't like the Nigh Seen Creeder

A couple of weeks ago, I took Rep. Mike Turner to task for throwing a hissy fit on the House floor. Here's what I said:

Democrats in the State House were outraged when Rep. David Hawk (R-Greeneville) proposed an amendment to add an additional penny to Gov. Bredesen's cigarette tax increase, which would have paid bonuses to veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. After Democrats turned back the amendment, Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) said the whole ordeal was the “lowest attempt at political grandstanding" he'd ever seen. And then Turner added, “This is low life.”

Oh, really?!

It would take a body two weeks - working night and day - to sift through all of the low-down, despicable legislative tricks instigated by House Democrats during Speaker Jimmy Naifeh's tenure. Indeed, Rep. Hawk's supposed "political grandstanding" is small potatoes compared to the tomfoolery Democrats have pulled at the expense of their Republican counterparts. (It's one of the reasons the GOP still finds itself in the minority in the State House.)

This ain't the first time I've had a bone to pick with ol' Mike Turner. Five months ago he was bitchin' 'bout the GOP's "partisanship." (I hesitate to say "bitchin'," but there ain't no other way to describe what Turner does when he gets wound up.)

You can read the rest here.

To be polite, I sent Rep. Turner a link to the posting in which he'd been name-checked by yours truly. He obviously didn't like what I had to say 'cause he sent this all-caps response:

IF YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO COME OUT FROM BEHIND YOUR HIDDEN IDENTITY, ASK ME THOSE QUESTIONS AGAIN. MIKE TURNER.

I didn't ask any questions in my original e-mail; but since ol' Mike said he'd be in a question-answering mood if I revealed myself to him, I asked this probing question (that's "question" en français):

Which five non-fiction books have had the biggest impact on your life, politically speaking?

I ain't heard back yet ...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?