Friday, July 13, 2007

 

Howard Gentry: On a "political mission"

Howard Gentry recently sent me a press release in which he touted some 60+ black ministers who've signed on to his campaign. I fired off an e-mail to the Gentry for Mayor campaign in which I asked these simple questions:

"Why must the ministers who've decided to endorse Vice Mayor Gentry be identified by their ethnicity? Why not just say '61 ministers' instead?"

This was Vice Mayor Gentry's response:

"I am honored to have this endorsement from the African American Ministers.
This is a positive response to an earlier article questioning my support
from this same group.

"I understand your concern, in light of the Christian mission, but this is
more about my political mission.

"I am ok with this. I hope you will be, also."

No, it doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me either.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?