Saturday, August 18, 2007

 

Don't tell me it's not hot!



To borrow a line from Buck Strickland: Cripes, almighty, it's hot!

At exactly 8:22 this morning, I and several of my neighbors experienced a power outage. The Nashville Electric Service was on the scene in less than an hour; however, it took NES's finest almost six hours to complete their fixin' and reparin'. At 3:00, my thermostat, which sits right smack in the middle of my house, read 85 degrees, but it felt more like 95 degrees. I was sweatin' my arse off!

When the lights and A/C powered up, I made a quick trip to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard. When I came home I took a cold shower (my second of the day), then I dressed in nothing but skivvies ...

Nothing's working. Indeed, I'm finding it very difficult to get my core temperature down (apologies to Cosmo Kramer). I anticipate a looooong night of tossin', turnin', and sweatin'.

What really sucks is the fact that I missed my online fantasy football draft this morning -- after my 9 p.m. trip to Wal-Mart last night to pick up the Fantasy Football Index. Damn, damn, damn! (Apologies to Florida Evans.)

I wonder how much a summer cottage in Nunavut would cost?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?