Thursday, August 23, 2007

 

James Carville needs help

"Political pundit James Carville has sent out a mass e-mail on behalf of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee seeking 'the bumper sticker slogan that will carry us through the 2008 elections,'" NewsMax.com reports.

"Carville – lead strategist for Bill Clinton’s successful 1992 presidential campaign – said the slogan will be used on the DSCC’s Web site, on campaign literature and on the 'bumpers of jalopies from coast to coast.'"

John Hawkins has some suggestions for Herr Carville. My favorite:

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."

Yeah, I know that's from the Communist Manifesto. And I know Democrats have fits when you call 'em - or compare 'em to - communists. But you tell me, how does that slogan differ from Hillary Clinton's "shared responsibility for shared prosperity" campaign theme? I'll answer my own question: It don't. So there.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?