Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 

Joltin' Django's mailbox

NHayes1979 recently contacted me regarding two posts at A Man's Gotta Eat in which I extolled the virtues of hunting doves (here and here). Unfortunately, I deleted NHayes' original e-mail. Here's the gist of it:

Dove-hunting is barbaric; people who hunt doves do so in order to collect "trophies"; and the members of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) are working hard to rid the globe of all hunting activities (whether such efforts extend to animals hunting other animals, NHayes didn't say.)

Here was my response to NHayes:


NHayes1979:

Upon reading your imbecilic e-mail, I was reminded of a quote once uttered by Francois de la Rouchefoucauld: The height of cleverness is to be able to conceal it. You, sir, should have quit while you were ahead.

Your ignorance was exposed when you suggested that hunted doves are saved as "trophies." I've yet to meet anyone who did not eat the doves he or she had hunted and killed. If you're going to malign someone, at least know the basics about those whom you're maligning.

I'm always tickled by folks like you who proclaim a deep concern for the great outdoors and the creatures that dwell there. I'd be willing to bet that your outdoor experiences have been limited to yardwork and an occasional trip to the zoo. The average hunter has more respect for - and does more to protect - nature than you or your PETA brethren, indeed.

Cordially,

Joltin' Django


NHayes1979 responded thusly:


"And you, sir, if you are so clever, should be able to recognize satire. I am unimpressed with your French name and phrases."


I dispatched this e-mail over the weekend:


NHayes1979:

Many a dipshit has attempted to hide his or her idiocy by shouting "satire" (Al Franken comes to mind). The mere fact that you are "unimpressed" by my name and utterances is conclusive proof that I'm doing something right.

Cordially,

Joltin' Django


Methinks NHayes finally gave up. I hope not. I'm having fun lambasting him/her!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?