Tuesday, October 30, 2007

 

RUSH to excellence!


I was in third grade -- in a skating rink, if memory serves -- when I first grooved to Rush's "Tom Sawyer." I've been a fan ever since.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I was when I read this:

"Micol Marotti of PlaybackMag.com reports that boutique distributor Grindstone Media is hoping to have a hit on its hands with Rush: The Documentary.

"The $1.5 million feature doc about the famed rock band is produced and directed by Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn -- the creative team behind the 2005's Metal: A Headbanger's Journey -- and executive produced by Grindstone president Paul Zimic.

"McFadyen -- currently in Helsinki, Finland with Rush's Snakes & Arrows tour -- finds it ironic that despite the band's influence on groups as diverse as the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica, that this will be the first in-depth look at its history and influence. ...

"The doc will include new interviews with some of rock's biggest names -- including members of Metallica, Nirvana and Iron Maiden -- plus never-before-seen footage shot by singer Geddy Lee himself."





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?