Tuesday, October 23, 2007

 

When Democrats don't know **** 'bout economics

I recently sent the following letter to Tennessee Democratic Party chief Gray Sasser. When I hadn't received a reply after, oh, about 14 days had passed, I sent a follow-up e-mail. "What's the matter? Cat got your, er, keyboard?" I asked. He still hasn't responded.

Dear Mr. Sasser:

In the 4 October 2007 Nashville Scene, you were quoted as saying: "The Republicans in Washington have run this country into the ground. Look at the price we're paying for gas to run your (sic) car or fill up your (sic) lawn mower or your (sic) boat for the weekend."

Any first-year economics student can tell you that the price of crude oil is easily the most significant factor in determining gasoline prices. So, what have Republicans done to increase the worldwide price of crude oil?

If you intend to answer my question with platitudes or DNC-supplied talking points, don't bother responding. If you can explain to me, in detail, how the GOP is able to manipulate crude oil prices, then I eagerly await your reply.

Cordially,

Joltin' Django
Nashville, Tennessee





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?