Friday, December 07, 2007

 

The Sounds of silence


Back in early August, I said a Mayor Karl Dean would emulate his mentor, Bill Purcell, by doing his level best to run the Nashville Sounds out of town. I received a very snarky e-mail from someone named HMeek in which I was told that it was "unfair" to say what Dean would or would not do before he was even elected.

Earlier this week, the Sounds ballclub announced that it was spending $1 million to build new clubhouses and concession stands at Greer Stadium. When asked to comment on Greer's renovations, Mayor Dean said ... nothing:

"On Wednesday, Mayor Karl Dean declined comment through a spokeswoman about the Sounds' investment in Greer Stadium."

I guess the good mayor has never heard the old adage 'bout silence speaking volumes. Now, HMeek, tell me I'm being unfair when I say Mayor Dean don't give two squirts 'bout the Nashville Sounds.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?