Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

Goodbye, Rep. Elephant Ears

U.S. Rep. Dennis "Elephant Ears" Kucinich announced today that he's abandoning his long-shot presidential bid. Well, he didn't exactly say he was abandoning his bid. (Nor did he say he was suspending his campaign or dropping out of the race.) This's what he said:

"'I will be announcing that I'm transitioning out of the presidential campaign,' Kucinich said. 'I'm making that announcement tomorrow about a new direction.'"

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Kucinich used kooky talk (apologies to Mr. Jimmy) during his drop-out speech. Hell, he's been using kooky talk for years. Like this:

"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self."

That bit of wisdom was uncorked by Kucinich during his 2004 presidential campaign. My original critique of that musing is still true today: Don't that sound like something that one would expect to read in a Natural Law Party or Church of Scientology brochure? And see what I meant 'bout kooky talk?!

Now, lest anyone think that I can't find something nice to say 'bout one Dennis Kucinich, check this out:


Dennis Kucinich has one fine attribute -- and that's his wife's many fine attributes! Mrs. Kucinich is one purty left-wing nutbucket. And she has red hair, to boot. I've always had a thing for red-headed gals ... even of the nutbucket variety.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?