Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 

"I lose."

Wise words from No Left Turns' Julie Ponzi:

"It is reported that John McCain acknowledges that one of the central things he must do as a candidate for the presidency is to convince Americans that there is a reason to continue with the war on terror. When asked what happens if he can’t do that, he is reported to have said, 'I lose.'

"I gotta say . . . I like that. I suppose there’s a 'rabbit’s foot' sense in which acknowledging the possibility of defeat can be considered the wrong way to conduct a campaign. But I like the very clear acknowledgment from McCain that this is his task before November. It is and it must be. He has to make the case for this war because we must go on fighting it."





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?