Monday, February 18, 2008

 

Scratch 'n' sniff

Yesterday, I spent as much time watching the Daytona 500 as I did cutting my fingernails down to the quick. That is to say, I spent not a second doing either activity. Truth be told, I'd rather cut my fingernails down to the quick than watch a NASCAR race, on TV or in person.

Imagine my surprise when I opened my mailbox today to find a four-page mailer promoting DirecTV's all-NASCAR-all-the-time channel. To wit:


Can you see what the mailer says at the bottom? If not, it says, "Even smell what they smell. Scratch and sniff." I did scratch and I did sniff, and I came to this conclusion: What NASCAR drivers smell whilst racin' is not unlike what a person shopping at Kroger smells in the soft drink aisle. I would've never thunk it.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?