Wednesday, April 16, 2008

 

More pro-abortion "crackin'" ...

Crackerboxpalace came back, and he/she e-mailed me thusly:

"Pro-choice was found in case [sic] of Roe v. Wade."

Here's a portion of my response:

Regarding Roe v. Wade, have you actually taken the time to read Justice Blackman's majority opinion? I mean, Blackman's opinion IS a quasi-sacred document to most liberals; thus, I'd like to know what you think about his legal reasoning.

Since I'm in a generous mood, I'll save you some trouble and give you the legal lowdown on Roe: there is no legal reasoning in Blackman's 51-page opinion. Indeed, there is not one line of explanation that qualifies as legal argument. If you'd like to know what the ancient Egyptians and Greeks thought about abortion, consult Roe. If you'd like to know what the American Medical Association, the American Public Health Association, and the American Bar Association had to say about abortion in 1973, consult Roe. If you want to know how many times abortion is referenced in English common law, consult Roe. However, if you'd like to know exactly where the Founders inserted the right to abortion in the Constitution, you'd better look elsewhere because you won't find it in Roe v. Wade.


I especially like the last line in the response to Crackerboxpalace. We'll see if he/she dares send me a comeback ...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?