Sunday, April 27, 2008

 

A true Rain Man

Week in and week out for the past, oh, two months, there's been a guy who stands on a street corner near my house waving a sign advertising two new townhouse developments. Today, dude was out holding and waving his sign during a thunderstorm. Here's a pic (snapped through my car's dashboard window):


When I was 11 or 12-years-old, several friends and I were playing football in my backyard during a cats-and-dogs downpour. My dad yelled through a window and told me to get my arse inside. When I got my arse inside, mon père asked me this (and I'm NOT paraphrasing), "Son, do you not have enough goddamn sense to know when to come in out of the rain?"

When I seen that guy waving his sign today, I wanted to pull over and ask him, "Sir, do you have no better sense than to stand outside in the rain?" Then I thought, "Maybe he's being paid very well to hold that sign, rain or shine." Wait ... well-paid street corner sign-waver? What was that my dad said about me havin' no goddamn sense?!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?