Friday, May 30, 2008

 

Angry Jim is as Angry Jim does ...


Wonkette asks her readers this question:

"Jim Webb: Too Much Of A Manly Badass For Veep?"

"Manly Badass" ...?! Puh-leez. Try Man Who Needs The Help Of A Good Therapist ...

I had an uncle who literally drank himself to death. His red-faced, alcohol-fueled rants and shenanigans at holiday get-togethers became the stuff of legend in my family. (Thanksgiving '89, he peed in a potted plant at my Dad's first cousin's house. No sh**.)

I can't help but think about my late uncle whenever I'm confronted with sights and/or sounds of Senator Jim Webb (D-VA) . Webb is one angry sombitch; and every time I see his blood-infused visage on the boob tube, in print, or online, I ask myself: "What were the voters of Virginia thinking?" Then I tell myself: "They weren't thinking. Indeed."

I'm not suggesting that Webb is an alcoholic. (He's always red-faced probably 'cause he has high blood pressure.) What I will suggest is this: Webb really isn't temperamentally-qualified to be a U.S. Senator; he's even less temperamentally qualified to be the Vice President of the United States. I can just imagine what would happen if a VP Webb got ignored at the funeral of some tin-pot third world leader ... he'd probably punch the grave-digger and then rant about how the grave-diggers lack of health insurance is George W. Bush's fault.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?