Thursday, May 29, 2008

 

My "No" really meant NO!

On a sunny day in 1996, I voted "no" in the Nashville referendum to build the publicly-financed Adelphia Coleseum,er, LP Field. After personally voting, I re-entered the voting booth again and cast another "no" vote on my grandmother's behalf (she was in the voting booth with me).

My public stance agin' the city of Nashville's East Bank stadium effort caused me a great deal of political, ahem, difficulty (which I won't go into) back in '96. At the time, I stated that using public money to build sports stadiums never works out to be a good deal for taxpayers.

To this day I continue think - nay, know - that the promises made by Big City politicians who approve taxpayer-financed sports arenas never, ever materialize. I'm not alone in my opinion (this is good):






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?