Wednesday, July 09, 2008

 

The Minnesoter U.S. Senate Circus is about to get its second clown

Minnesota already has one "celebrity" running for U.S. Senate, i.e, professional liar and former-cokehead Al Franken, and it may just get another:

"Former Governor Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, the one-time wrestler, movie actor and improbable chief executive of Minnesota, strongly hinted at a run against Republican Senator Norm Coleman in November in a weekend interview with National Public Radio, adding another wrinkle to one of the most contentious Senate contests in the country."

This is what I like to hear:

"Ventura's entry into the race would seriously hurt Franken's efforts to win the seat back for Democrats. By splitting the anti-Coleman vote, Ventura could help re-elect the Republican. Franken has already had a terrible few months politically, with revelations about a Playboy article he'd written in 2000, back taxes due in 17 states and late filings from his political action committee. The addition of Ventura to the race could end up being the nail in Franken's political coffin."

In case you didn't know, Jesse Ventura has a new book on the market: Don't Start The Revolution Without Me!. (Reckon the rough-drafts were penned in crayon?!) I got it from my local lending-library, and I was only able to make it through the first 30 pages. After reading those craptacular 30 pages, I estimated that it would take me about 2 hours to read the whole book. I then said to myself: "I ain't wasting 2 hours of my precious time - 2 hours that I'll never be able to get back - reading this ****." So I put the book down, and I watched the Criterion Collection's The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou DVD. What a great choice I made ...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?