Sunday, August 03, 2008

 

Earth First, Make Mankind Our Bitch!

One of the things I detest most about the Earth First, Make Mankind Our Bitch crowd is the fact that they never, ever admit to being wrong ... about anything. When they predict something that doesn't come to pass, or when they make a glaring mistatement of fact, they never say, "Whoops! We f***ed up!" Instead, they say something like this:

"[The horse**** that spewed from my mouth] does not change the fact that we are still witnessing a global climate crises. My prognostications may prove wrong again, but it will not change the fact that we are still witnessing a global climate crisis. And when my prognostications prove wrong yet again, it won't change the fact that we ..."

I recently ran across a rather bold statement Senator Albert Gore, Jr. made on ABC's Nightline program on February 4, 1992. What Gore predicted that evening didn't come to pass, naturally. But I'm pretty sure Tom Cruise will admit Scientology is a cult before Gore will admit that he was full o' **** when he said this:

"The ozone hole is threatening to open over North America ... over Kennebunkport."

Well, the "ozone hole" never opened over North America, much less over Kennebunkport, Maine. (If you're wondering why Gore chose Kennebunkport as Ground Zero for the North American ozone hole, that's where then-President George H.W. Bush had a summer home.) Gore has never issued an Ozone Hole mea culpa; and if he were challenged to do so today, I'm sure he'd say something like:

"[The horse**** that spewed from my mouth] does not change the fact that we are still witnessing a global climate crises. My prognostications may prove wrong again, but it will not change the fact that we are still witnessing a global climate crisis. And when my prognostications prove wrong yet again, it won't change the fact that we ..."





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?