Monday, August 25, 2008

 

Re: Joke, er, Joe Biden ...

Democrat VP-candidate Joe Biden is a putative Catholic. Already a Web site has sprung up to challenge just how committed Catholic Joe is to his chosen faith. Here's the Web site: Catholics Against Joe Biden.

One thing from said Web site caught my attention. It was this quote from Joe "Full O' Plugs" Biden himself:

"The next Republican that tells me I'm not a religious, I'm going to shove my Rosary beads down thir throat."

Jesus was a Jew (I'm sure this will come as a shock to some of my Church of Christ friends). He knew Jewish law in and out during his life, and he was crucified by the Romans 'cause he was a militant Jew.

If Jesus had ever been confronted about his Jewishness, can you imagine -- can Joe Biden imagine - him saying that he'd shove a Torah down someone's throat?

Summer o' 2007, I purchased a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church at the Irish Picnic. I worked my way through it - even though I'm not Catholic - in about a week and a half.

Not to brag or anything, but I'll bet I'm more familiar with the Catechism than one Joe Biden. If'n he ever physically takes issue with my assertion ... he'll need to make use of those assault weapons he wanted to ban.

Shove THIS, Joe Biden ....





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?