Wednesday, September 24, 2008

 

Buttons and stickers and signs, oh my!

I can't tell you how many requests I receive from Nashville-area voters for McCain-Palin stuff. A lot of these requests come after folks see the bumper sticker on my car: a large white sticker with "McCain" in blue alongside an American flag.

I got me my McCain bumper sticker when he was running in 2000. Even though I wasn't a McCain supporter in 2000 - I actively campaigned for Lamar Alexander until he dropped out of the race, and I voted for George W. Bush in TN's primary - his campaign sent me a half-dozen stickers, and a dozen gold lapel pins, when I dropped them a note admitting my addiction to collecting political memorabilia (a kind gesture, indeed).

It truly pains me when I have to tell folks that the McCain sticker on my car is vintage and rare. When I've admitted that I have a handful of additional "vintage" stickers, some people have literally begged me for one. All I can say is, "I can't do it." The inevitable follow-up request is: "How about some new stickers?" I can't do that, either.

If you live in Nashville and you want McCain campaign stuff, you need to visit the Tennessee Victory '08 office. I'm going down there myself on Friday. Here's the contact info:

Tennessee Victory '08
6213 Charlotte Avenue
Nashville, TN 37209
http://tnvictory08.com





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?