Wednesday, September 17, 2008

 

Sticky Fingers Steine

Nashville's downtown library is sponsoring an exhibit of political memorabilia belonging to Councilman-at-Large Ronnie Steine. Here're some details from an e-mail I received:

Vote For Me! Political Memorabilia from the Ronnie Steine Collection
Dates: Saturday, September 13 - Sunday, November 09
Sponsor: NPL Foundation

In case you don't remember, then-Vice Mayor Ronnie Steine was running for Congress in 2002 when it was discovered that he'd been arrested for shoplifting. In an interview he said that he'd only been arrested once. It didn't take long, however, for the press to uncover a second arrest. Steine quickly dropped out of the congressional race and he resigned as Vice Mayor.

Before he resigned, Steine admitted to the Nashville Scene that he was guilty of a handful of additional thefts, which did not lead to arrests. These thefts were not from stores, but from friends and associates. In the same issue of the Scene, a local collector of political memorabilia accused Steine of stealing political buttons from him.

First of all, it shames me to know that the citizens of Nashville elected a confirmed kleptomaniac to an at-large seat on the Metro Council (Steine was elected last year). Just goes to show that there are a lot of dumbassess - a lot of Democrat dumbasses - in this city.

Second, I wonder if the folks at the downtown library have bothered to ask Steine if he purchased all of the buttons that are currently on display. Given Steine's thievin' past, I think it's a legitimate question.

I've sent this post to several library administrators. I'll let you know if I get a response. I, for one, ain't holdin' my breath.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?