Friday, September 19, 2008

 

There's a new PAC in town


If you've been wondering what Jim Bryson - former state senator and 2006 GOP gubernatorial candidate - has been up to, I can tell you: he's started a PAC. I just got an e-mail from Bryson asking me to donate to his Government Accountability Project PAC (GAPPAC), which seeks to help elect a Republican majority in the Tennessee House of Representatives and Senate.

Two things:

I think it's pretty safe to say that Jim Bryson's going to be running for something in the very near future. Starting a PAC to help down-ballot Republican candidates, currying favor with GOP activists -- that's a sign that Bryson's trying to keep his name "out there." If U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn decides to run for governor in 2010, my dollar to your dime says Bryson jumps in the race for Blackburn's congressional seat.

I looked in vain for a Web site for Bryson's new PAC. You know, if he wants to helm a successful political action committee, he really needs a quality Web site with lots of "red meat" links for the Republican faithful. That's pretty much expected in this day and age. I've rubbed elbows with Mr. Bryson several times over the years, and I voted for him - twice - for governor in '06. I sent his PAC a check because I support his effort to end Jimmy Naifeh's iron-fisted rule over the Tenn. House of Representatives. I hope he follows my advice and throws a few bucks in a Web designer's way.

For more info: GAPPAC, 713 Mockingbird Drive, Franklin, TN 37069





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?