Friday, October 24, 2008

 

PETA can piss-off

"PETA sent a letter to Phillies outfielder Shane Victorino asking him to stop eating Spam." -- "Sign Of The Apocalypse," Sports Illustrated, October 27

You know, I don't think there's another group of people for whom I have more contempt than PETA. Sanctimonious, self-righteous, and hypocritical, the folks at PETA spend practically every waking moment telling people - in the most abrasive of ways - what they should eat, drink and wear.

I just wonder how many members of PETA consider themselves pro-abortion. An overwhelming majority, I'll bet. And I wonder how many of 'em have said, "Don't like abortion? Don't have one." Thankfully, I don't come into contact with PETA people very often. If'n I did, I'd say, "Don't like steak or leather belts? Well, then, don't eat steak or wear leather belts. But lemme tell you: point your finger in my general direction while I'm doing either and I'll snatch it off your hand and shove it up your arse."

Earlier this year, PETA's "HQ" sent a letter to Britney Spears' parents suggesting that their daughter's much-publicized mental breakdowns were a direct result of her consuming dairy products. Yes, according to PETA, Ms. Spears went batshit-crazy because she drinks milk. (I'm sure a lot of celebrities wish they were lucky enough to ascribe their bizarre behavior to too many glasses of milk.)

PETA's letter to Britney Spears' parents was incredibly tacky. It reminded me of Tom Cruise's unlearned Church of Scientology-approved rants against Brooke Shields' doctor-approved use of psychotropic drugs. What right did PETA have to think that they could cogently comment on any aspect of Ms. Spears' mental health treatment -- or anyone's mental health treatment, for that matter? I'm pretty sure PETA folks don't think. And that's their ****in' problem, ain't it?!

PETA's letter to Shane Victorino was also incredibly tacky. If I were him, I'd fire off a letter to the folks at PETA -- after I'd sent it to every media outlet I could think of -- and tell 'em to mind their own ****in' business. No, better yet ... I'd tell 'em to send a guy from their Philly office over to Citizens Bank Park. When the pasty-faced hairhead showed up, I'd take a cheesesteak sammich from Gino's or Pat's and shove it right down his throat. So there.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?