Saturday, October 18, 2008

 

Schwing? Yeah, and then some ...!


My favorite female athlete is golfer Natalie Gulbis. Not only is Ms. Gulbis easy - nay, very easy - on the eyes, she can knock the piss out of a golf ball.

The Golf Channel has started re-running the Natalie Gulbis Show from a couple-years back, and I couldn't be happier. If you've never seen it, you need to put your boob tube on the GC and look for the NGS episode in which Ms. Gulbis struts around in an assortment of bikinis and short shorts whilst posing for her 2007 calendar. Believe me ... you'll be glad you did.

As for Ms. Gulbis' golf prowess, her swing off the tee is so smooth, so fluid, it reminds me of Wade Boggs or Tony Gwynn swinging a baseball bat. That is, there's not one identifiable hitch in her swing. And unlike Clark or Gwynn, Gulbis ain't no singles hitter ... she swings for the fences. Indeed, I wish I - with my upper body strength and my fancy Cleveland Hi-Bore driver - could hit a golf ball like she can.

Why am I mentioning this? Well, I just got the new Golf Digest and it features an in-depth interview -- half-print and half-online (for subscribers) -- with one Natalie Gulbis. Amid the talk of favorite courses and preferred drivers and practice schedules, Gulbis is asked if she would ever pose for Playboy magazine (not "Would you consider ...?", mind you, but "Would you ...?") and she indicates, quite emphatically, that she would not.

Damn. That's all I'm gonna say.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?