Monday, November 03, 2008

 

Note to Creeder Readers

The Nigh Seen Creeder is - and has been since its inception - a blog upon which I, Joltin' Django, hold forth on carefully-chosen political and pop culture Issues of the Day. 

I've not only enjoyed hearing from folks who agree with me, I've encouraged those who've never shared my opinions to offer their comments and concerns as well.  All I ever asked was that comments be on-topic, factual, and lacking in personal insults.
 
Unfortunately, and perhaps with my encouragement, a growing number of folks have been using certain Nigh Seen Creeder posts as mini-message boards to vent and bitch and piss and moan ... even if what they're venting and bitching and pissing and moaning about has nothing to do with the topic at hand.  That shit is stopping Too-Day.
 
Beginning tomorrow, here's what's gonna be what at the Nigh Seen Creeder, as far as comments are concerned:
 
All off-topic comments will be rejected.

All anonymous comments will be rejected. (Hell, I'm about half-ready to only allow comments from folks with verifiable Blogger, Live Journal, Word Press, etc. accounts.)

Personal insults will not be tolerated.

Blanket statements of debatable fact (i.e., "Republicans support tax cuts for the rich") are verboten unless works are cited, or linked, to buttress the claim.

Calling me - or any Southerner for that matter - a "hick" or a "redneck" or a "rube" will get your comment rejected faster than you can say:
"Auto manufacturer chooses [Southern city] for new plant."

Again, this blog is a forum in which I say whatever I think I need to say. If you want to leave a comment, more power to you.  If you do leave a comment, however, you'd better be prepared to post within the strictures of the ground rules I've now established.  

Tain't gonna be no simpleton "Obama Good/McCain Bad," or bigoted "Southerners Dumb/Yankees 'n' Left Coasters Geniuses," comments ever allowed here again.

So there.    





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?