Tuesday, December 30, 2008

 

Re: B. Hussein's buddy Blago


Whilst discussing politics with a member of my family of Christmas Day, I said the following (copied-and-pasted from my steel-trap mind):

I think [Illinois Gov. Rod] Blagojevich will pick someone to replace [B. Hussein] Obama before he's either impeached or forced to resign.

Then I said ...

If he does pick someone, it will be someone who's black.

And I added ...

Harry Reid and the Democrats in the Senate will find life very difficult if they refuse to seat a minority, whether he or she's been appointed by a crook or not.

Man, I was soooooo right! And I've already dispatched an e-mail to my Cousin P.W. with this in the subject box: "Man, I was soooooo right!" To wit:

A defiant Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Tuesday appointed a black political trailblazer in Illinois to Barack Obama's former U.S. Senate seat, a surprise move that put race front and center in the ongoing drama surrounding the scandal-tarred governor.

The decision put his opponents in the uncomfortable position of vowing not to seat a veteran politician who would become the Senate's only black member.


As long as I'm talkin' 'bout my own I-told-you-so's, I must mention something I said on December 9:

B. Hussein Obama is going to be the first president in U.S. history whose presidential honeymoon ended before Inauguration Day. The stink of Gov. Rod Blagojevich will stick to Obama for at least - at least - the next twelve months.

Lest anyone think I was speaking out of my ass by saying such, the current scuttlebutt is this: if Senate Democrats refuse to seat Blago's choice to replace B. Hussein Obama in Congress, it's inevitable that federal courts will get involved, perhaps even to the U.S. Supreme Court.

If there's any good that's coming out of the whole Blago "situation," it's that folks across the country are becoming aware of just how corrupt are politicians in the state of Illinois, especially in Crook, er, Cook County. Too bad the general public's awareness of such didn't occur before they chose to elect a U.S. President who got his start in Crook, er, Cook County, Illinois. (Damn, I can't quit saying "Crook County" ...!)





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?