Monday, January 19, 2009

 

What a fuckin' liar!


I caught some hell last week for calling Tennessee House Speaker Kent Williams a "fuckin' rat bastard." Now that I think about it, that probably was a bit over the top. Therefore, I'd like to revise and extend my remarks by stating for the record, "Kent Williams is a fuckin' liar."

Two days before the election for House Speaker, Kent Williams said this in an interview in his hometown newspaper, the Elizabethton Star:

"I made a commitment to vote for Jason Mumpower for House speaker and I intend to keep my commitment. I think Jason will make a good leader."

As we all now know, had no intention of honoring his commitment to vote for Jason Mumpower for Speaker. Indeed, he'd been planning his coup with a handful of House Democrats for weeks, if not months.

And here's the infamous letter Williams signed back in November pledging to support Republicans for the top spots in the State House (click on picture for larger view):


Williams can say that by voting for himself for Speaker he did keep his commitment to vote for a Republican for that post. However, by signing that letter he also pledged to support a Republican for Speaker Pro Tempore. Williams actually voted for Democrat Lois DeBerry - whose command of the English language and shrieking speaking style makes her painful to listen to - for Speaker Pro Tempore.

Again, I'll be the first to admit that calling Kent Williams a rat bastard was a mistake. After all, it's pretty hard to prove whether someone is or is not a "rat bastard." However, the newspaper article and the letter I referenced and posted about offers concrete proof that Williams is indeed a fuckin' liar. Don't hold your breath waiting for me to back down on that point.

UPDATE: My offer to send $100 to the first candidate who announces that he or she will run against Kent Williams in the August 2010 Republican primary still stands.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?