Sunday, March 08, 2009
Since we elected Mr. Hope N. Change ...
Since Barack Obama became President:
- The stock market has changed from 8,200 to 6,500, down 20% to the lowest point in more than a decade
- The unemployment rate has changed from 7.6 % to 8.1%, the highest rate since 1983
- Enrollment in the Food Stamp program has changed, jumping to more than 30 million, an increase of 700,000 in a single month
- The U.S. deficit has changed, ballooning to the highest level since World War II
And the changes in the federal government personnel include…
- A tax cheat nominated to be the Department of Health and Human Services Secretary
- A tax cheat nominated to be Treasury Secretary
- A tax cheat nominated to be the U.S. Trade Representative
- A tax cheat nominated to be the government’s Chief Performance Officer
- A man under investigation for a bribery scandal nominated to be Commerce Secretary
So much change… so little hope.