Friday, March 27, 2009

 

This little light o' mine, I'm gonna let it shine ...

California has big problems. There's the fact that hundreds of upper-income wage earners flee the state each day 'cause of high taxes. There's the fact that California believes in "multiculturism" first, and common sense last, when it comes to immigration issues. And California might as well have Al Gore serving as governor 'cause the state seems to be the King Leader when it comes to kooky save-the-earth ideas, like this:

In a move that will likely get California's consumers in a huff, impending legislation may soon restrict the paint color options for Golden State residents looking for their next new vehicle. The specific colors that are currently on the chopping block are all dark hues, with the worst offender seemingly the most innocuous color you could think of: Black. What could California possibly have against these colors, you ask? Apparently, the California Air Resources Board figures that the climate control systems of dark colored cars need to work harder than their lighter siblings – especially after sitting in the sun for a few hours. Anyone living in a hot, sunny climate will tell you that this assumption is accurate, of course. In fact, legislation already exists for buildings that has proven successful at reducing the energy consumption of skyscrapers.

By the way, for Earth Hour tomorrow, I'm gonna have my desktop and my laptop and my handheld all running at the same time. My TV's gonna be running, and so's my DVD player. I'm gonna fire up my guitar amp, my bass amp, and my electronic drum kit.

I'm all for conserving resources; however, I refuse to be shamed into doing without by hypocrites like Al "Big Daddy" Gore and shrieking shrews like Alanis Morissette.

So there.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?