Thursday, April 16, 2009

 

Me so happy!


When I was a kid, my next-door neighbor, Keith, was sorta like my surrogate brother. I didn't have any brothers or sisters, and he had three sisters. Even though he was four years older than me, Keith and I were inseparable from the time I was eight ... until he went off to college.

Keith gave me the "Joe Montana" helmet that I used for the first year I played youth football. Keith taught me how to swat home runs left-handed. Keith showed me my first Playboy. And everything Keith "outgrew," he gave to me: baseball, football, and hockey cards, cassette tapes (AC/DC, Van Halen, Kiss), and virtually all of his toys.

Two of the "toys" I got from Keith were Mattel Electronics football and hockey games. To this day, I still have the football game he gave me -- it still works and it's in perfect condition. Somewhere along the way, however, my Mom sold my Mattel hockey game in a yard sale. (Why she chose to sell the hockey and NOT the football game is still a mystery.)

Several months ago, I got a wild hair and decided to look for a Mattel hockey game on eBay. I found one just minutes before the auction closed. Needless to say, I lost out. I got another wild hair about two weeks ago, and this time I was determined to not be denied.

I wasn't denied, of course ... the picture above is a dead give away. My hockey game is in pristine condition, and it works perfectly. Unfortunately, it didn't come with instructions. And I don't remember how to play the freakin' thing. The only thing I've been able to do so far is incur penalties! (And that ain't too cool -- no pun intended.)

If you know how to play this freakin' game, drop me a line.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?