Friday, February 12, 2010

 

Re: Mikey McWherter (that's what I'm gonna call him from here on out)

Unless something drastic happens between now and August, Mike McWherter will be the Dem candidate for governor in Tennessee.

What're Mike McWherter's qualifications? Well, he really only has one ... his daddy once lived large, literally and figuratively, in the Executive Residence.

That said, I got an e-mail from one Mike McWherter today, in which he said this:

I participated in two ... gubernatorial forums – one before business leaders and the other before newspaper publishers from across the state. While candidates from the other party were attacking one another, I stayed focused on what I believe matters more to Tennessee’s working families – creating jobs and putting people back to work.

My question for Mike McWherter is this: If it was wrong for Republican candidates to attack one another, will Mr. McWherter pledge not to "attack" the GOP candidate in the general election? Will he pledge, now, not to air "attack" ads 'gainst his Republican opponent?

That's two questions, I know. I cynically asked an additional question knowing full well that Mr. McWherter's first anti-GOP ad will air about 11 p.m. on August 5.

Who wants to bet that what I said won't happen?!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?