Tuesday, March 23, 2010

 

Them Dems!

I don't know how it happened, but I recently ended up on the Tennessee Democratic Party's e-mail list. I must say I've enjoyed the Interweb messages I've received from the TNDP. In each and every one of 'em I've been able to find tidbits that're either stupid, surreal, or flat-out lies ... and sometimes I find tidbits that are all three at once.

That said, the lead story in the most recent e-mail I received from the TNDP is an announcement that Vice President Joe "Gaffe-Boy" Biden will be the speaker at this year's Jackson Day Dinner. [Note: You know, state Democratic shindigs used to be called Jackson-Jefferson Day Dinners. I guess someone got to reading 'bout Thomas Jefferson, and what he had to say about limited government and individual liberty, and said, "Man, that dude was a right-wing kook!" Hence, no more Tom Jefferson being name-checked when Democrats gather.] That would be the same Joe Biden who drops f-bombs on live television, uses fake quotes from classical Roman poets in his speeches, and who, at a White House gathering honoring the prime minister of Ireland, incorrectly asserted that the Irish PM's mother is dead. Yeah, Democrats should be real proud of their Vice President.

Then there's this little nugget from the TNDP:

Gov. Bredesen, with the help of Democrats in the General Assembly, have provided an environment in the last seven years that has seen the creation of 179,296 new jobs. Too bad the state lost 89,400 jobs - and saw its unemployment rate go from 7.6 to 10.4 - from December 2008 and December 2009. From December 2009 to January 2010, a grand total of 600 jobs were created in Tennessee ... and 200 of 'em were gov'ment jobs. If I were Bredesen and the TNDP, I don't think I'd be crowing too much about that.

Finally, here's the picture from atop the TNDP's latest e-mail:


I wonder if anyone at the state Democratic Party took the time to research whether or not that's a Confederate cannon? If it is indeed a Confederate cannon, what does that say about the TNDP? Paging Al Sharpton ...!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?