Saturday, February 17, 2007

 

Just TRY to zing the Nigh Seen Creeder

Regular readers may recall my e-mail to one David Patterson. Well, Mr. Patterson has decided to engage in a little tête-à-tête avec moi. Here's a snippet from his reply:

"The author of the Nicene Creed espoused some radical leftist ideas. We would all do well to follow His advice."

I replied thusly ...

Mr. Patterson:

If you're referring to Jesus Christ, he'd been dead for 300 years when the Nicene Creed was written (see When Jesus Became God, by Richard E. Rubenstein).

That being said, I've yet to find the Biblical passage in which Jesus says, "Gather ye in a redistributionist welfare state to administer compassion and grace." As salvation comes individually, Christ admonished his followers to help others ... individually.

Agitating for statist policies allows leftists to feel good about themselves without actually having to do the grunt-work that comes along with "doing unto others." "I'm in favor of taking X dollars from Y and giving it to Z. That makes me a GOOOOOOD person!" you and yours say. Such behavior is not very Christ-like, if you ask me.

Try to zing me, theologically, again.

Cordially,

JD





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?