Friday, September 21, 2007

 

Karl Dean's token "Republican"

Karl Dean - aka Bill Purcell, Jr. - will be sworn-in as Metro-Nashville's sixth mayor today. Regretfully, I won't be in the new Public Square to witness the occasion.

Regular Creeder Readers know that I'm less than impressed with Mr. Karl Dean. Indeed, I'm of the opinion that Nashville needed another liberal, Yankee-born mayor like it needed an outbreak of TB or smallpox. (Maybe I'm being a tad hyperbolic, but I really detest Karl Dean.)

That said, Mayor-elect Dean's "administrative" team is already in place. My ears perked up when I heard that a Mr. Toby Compton has been chosen to serve as Dean's Legislative Director. Why do I give a rip 'bout Dean's director of things legislative? Well, I'll tell you ...

I remember running into Toby Compton at various Republican gatherings 'round Nashville from, oh, 1997-2002. What I really remember is this:

At a fancy pants GOP get-together at the Opryland Hotel during the 2000 election, Compton and I discussed the pros and, well, pros of supply-side economics. I remember said discussion very well because Compton and I talked about mutual friends who'd attended David Lipscomb University. I came away, if you will, from said conversation with the impression that Monsieur Toby Compton was a big-time/dyed-in-the-wool/card-carrying Republican.

Now, seven years later, it seems that Mr. Compton has abandoned the Republican Party. I mean, would a true Republican serve as a senior aide to an individual who's not only a Democrat, but who identified himself as a "liberal" in a law review article in which he also said gun control is a good idea? Anyone who gives two squirts about the GOP knows that the answer is a big "no."

When Toby Compton next shows up at a GOP confab, grab him by the collar and drag his ass to the door. If'n you don't think you can do it, call me ... I'm an expert at ass-dragging so-called Republicans.

Update:

Wow. Joltin' Django has been catching a lot of hell for stating that it's wrong, wrong, wrong for a Republican to abandon his political principles/political party to accept a job proffered by a liberal, Yankee-born politician.

I stand by everything I said in Karl Dean's token "Republican". You see, I come from the Lee Atwater school of GOP politics. What I learned from Mr. Atwater is this: Whenever a Democrat kicks the GOP 'tween the legs, that Democrat gets kicked between the legs ... over, and over, and over again. The last thing a Republican does is get hip-joined with said Democrat. Indeed.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Piss on any Republican who sells his or her political soul for big money in service to a Democrat with a sh**y haircut.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?