Monday, September 29, 2008

 

RUSH!


'Bout this time last year, I had this to say about one of my all-time favorite bands:

I was in third grade -- in a skating rink, if memory serves -- when I first grooved to Rush's "Tom Sawyer." I've been a fan ever since.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I was when I read this:

"Micol Marotti of PlaybackMag.com reports that boutique distributor Grindstone Media is hoping to have a hit on its hands with Rush: The Documentary.

"The $1.5 million feature doc about the famed rock band is produced and directed by Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn -- the creative team behind the 2005's Metal: A Headbanger's Journey -- and executive produced by Grindstone president Paul Zimic.


I don't know if the Rush biopic is a "no" or "go." What I do know is that VH1 Classic is indulging Rush junkies for the next, oh, 20 hours with continuous videos and concert footage.

[Sidebar: The New Yorker recently opined: "Rush unites metalheads, computer geeks, and ... Ayn Rand fans in adoration of its erudite and burly rock." I guess that describes me!]

As bad as it pains me to say it: I'm gonna be glued to the boob tube whenever I get a spare moment from now until I (don't) go to bed. And I just might try to prove to myself that I can still play the "Tom Sawyer" guitar solo note-for-note when I'm not not sleeping.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?