Sunday, April 04, 2010

 

I was born at night, but not last night

Remember when U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) said this:

"My fear is that the whole island [o' Guam] will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

As is the usual wont of politicians who say something incredibly stupid, ol' Hank now says he was "taken out of context." From his office:

"I wasn’t suggesting that the island of Guam would literally tip over I was using a metaphor to say that with the addition of 8,000 Marines and their dependents – an additional 80,000 people during peak construction on the tiny island with a population of 180,000 – could be a tipping point which could adversely affect the island’s fragile ecosystem and could overburden its stressed infrastructure. Having traveled to Guam last year, I saw firsthand how this beautiful – but vulnerable island – could easily become overburdened, and I was simply voicing my concerns that the addition of that many people could tip the delicate balance and do permanent harm to Guam."

Hank Johnson wasn't metaphorically-speaking when he talked o' Guam tipping over, and he knows it.

That said, anyone who even considers voting for Idiot Johnson should have his or her voter registration card summarily revoked.

I know that sounds arbitrarily harsh. However, if certain folks in Shelby County, TN, had had their voter registration cards summarily revoked once upon a time, State Senator John Ford ... you know where I'm going with this.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?